Sunday, May 18, 2008

Burger Chef Star Wars Poster In-Store Decoration

Last week I posted about an unauthorized set of Star Wars business cards which I assumed would be a Quasi-Interesting Paraphernalia Inc. exclusive. But nope, after I published that post I discovered that someone had beaten me to it by a good number of years (although I have the superior scans).

Well this time it's different. I'm bringing you a Star Wars World Wide Web exclusive! Ladies and gentlemen, I proudly present a Burger Chef Star Wars Poster In-Store Decoration...



This cardboard mobile hung from the ceiling of the Burger Chef restaurants (a now defunct fast food chain in case anyone was wondering) during a 1978 Star Wars posters promotion. Check out this cool television commercial...



Well there you have it. You won't find this particular bit of Stars Wars memorabilia anywhere on the interwebs.

Now is there anyone reading this who would care to make me an offer on this rare bit of Star Wars memorabilia?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

wow this is rare...I've never even heard of Burger Chef...you have all the obscure stuff!

Anonymous said...

I was hired at Burger Chef as a summer job in high school. During my training Burger Chef was sold to Hardees, so though I was hired by Burger Chef, I never worked there.

Cool Star Wars Sign.

engineer27 said...

I have one of the posters -- does that count?

It shows the two Droids with some miscellaneous views of tatooine in the background.

Anonymous said...

The promo consisted of four posters. I own three of them. All are in fairly good condition, and I'm interested in selling them.

email:

charmedgirl_303@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Did you notice that the actress playing the Burger Chef waitress in this commercial is Denise Nickerson who played Violet Beauregarde in the 1971 version of the movie Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory?

Anonymous said...

a friend bought a full supply of posters from a burger chef location long ago and was selling them for as little as 1 cent per poster...anyone paying big bucks for any is deluded.

Tim said...

Burger Chef had a few other mobiles to promote their Star Wars posters. I distinctly remember one with a TIE fighter. Strangely enough, those same posters (which were actually produced by Coca-Cola) also turned up at Burger King, who offered a set of drinking glasses based on the same Del Nichols artwork. The BK posters, which had white borders around them, are actually harder to come by than the more plentiful Burger Chef ones. Also of interest are a set of Star Wars Fun Meals (the precursor to Happy Meals) from Burger Chef in 1978, and a set of posters from The Empire Strikes Back painted by Boris Valejo, which Burger Chef sold in 1980 shortly before their demise.

Tim said...

There were several in-store decorations for this promotion, including a mobile of a TIE fighter which I remember vividly. The very same posters (which were actually produced by Coca-Cola) also turned up at Burger King, although theirs featured a white border around them and are slightly rarer than the more plentiful Burger Chef ones. The artwork by Del Nichols was also used for a set of drinking glasses sold at Burger King. Besides the posters, Burger Chef offered Star Wars Fun Meals (the forerunner to the Happy Meal) in 1978, and a set of posters from The Empire Strikes Back painted by Boris Valejo in 1980.

Custom Soap Boxes said...

Wibropack from design to delivery, our integrated Custom Boxes solutions connect businesses & people, providing packaging matters every day.

Dermaroll Lips said...

I'm glad to read this awesome post. so,
Honesty, integrity, and passion are behind every product in our skincare line. Lyft skin care about your skin’s health and the wellbeing of all. A portion of the proceeds from every purchase go to School the World, a nonprofit organization that develops educational systems in third-world countries.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails